These sweet pecans have a hint of cinnamon and cloves for a perfect addition to any buffet and make a great gift! It is impossible to eat just one!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a large bowl, large stasher bag, or large zip lock bag add sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- To another mixing bowl, add egg white and water. Whisk until the egg white is foamy. It will double or triple in volume. We like our hand mixer for this.
- Add the pecans to the bowl with the whipped egg whites. Mix until all the pecans are coated.
- Add the coated pecans to the container of sugar and spices. Stir or shake bag until the pecans are coated with the spice mix. There should be very little if any spices left loose.
- Spread the sugared pecans in a single layer on a sheet pan. Place sheet pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir pecans and spread out again.
- Bake another 15-20 minutes until the pecans are dry and browned - no wet egg white mixture remaining.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container in a cool location like your pantry.
Keep these in an airtight container in the pantry! They are a great snack to offer unexpected guests. They are also great chopped and thrown into a salad, sandwich, on top of a melted brie, or chopped up for muffins or bread. These will last up to 4 months in a cool pantry as long as they are in an airtight container.
Substitutions. Make these pecans savory by using your favorite spice blend in place of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. For a spicier mix, try a combination of paprika, cayenne powder, chili powder, and cumin. For a more mild flavor, add an Italian seasoning mix. Get creative and use what you have!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ounce
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 76.3 mg
- Fat: 20.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetarian, gluten free, snack